Monday, August 10, 2015

Break from running

So, while I was on vacation for two weeks I took a break from training.  I missed a total of 17 training days.  I decided to take a break because of some health concerns that needed to get resolved.  It was an issue that didn't prevent me from running but it was just got progressively more annoying and I felt like it might eventually prevent me from running.  So I decided to take some time off now in the middle of the 18 week training program to see if it would heal up before I got into the high mileage weeks and close to race day.  17 days is quite a bit to take off so I hope that I haven't become to fat and out of shape in my time off.  I am toying with the idea of running twice a day for a while to try and make up for some lost time.  We shall see.  So now you know why there is a big gap in my training.

No comments:

Post a Comment