Thursday, May 7, 2015

St. George Marathon... I'm in!

The dye has been cast, the course set, and the clock is ticking.  My registration has been received and I have been deemed worthy to participate in the 39th running of the St. George Marathon on October 3, 2015. 

So I decided to register for the St. George Marathon on the last day possible on May 4th.  On today's date (5/7/15) the Marathon web site had news that registration had been extended and applicants were being excepted until the marathon reached it's full alottment of 7,800 participants.  So I wanted to know if they were still going to have a lottery or not or if everyone that registered on or before May fourth was in.  So I actually called and talked to a nice lady and she informed me that I have been accepted to run in 2015 St. George Marathon!  I was so excited that I went for a three mile hike in celebration.  Now I have the rest of May to get in shape to start my Marathon training on June first.  Let the summer of torture, pain and less sleep begin!

St. George Marathon Website

Here is a youtube video made by the St. George Marathon.  I have enjoyed watching this video a number of different times.

No comments:

Post a Comment