Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Running Report 3/25/15

Ran three miles today.  Goal was to do it at 8.00 min pace for a total of 24.00 minutes.  Half mile splits are as follows:
  1. 3.54
  2. 3.53
  3. 3.58
  4. 4.00
  5. 3.52
  6. 3.57
Total time 23.23 average time of 7.52 per mile.  Heart rate about 30 seconds after finishing was 132 beats per minute.  I never take my heart rate right at the finish, because I am ususally to tired and out of breath.  I walk to the same spot every time and take my pulse, assuming there is suffecient light to see my watch.  So, when I report my heart rate it is taken and the same amount of time after running (about 30 seconds).  I am gearing up for the Amerind Foundation Texas Canyon 10K on Saturday.  It will be interesting.  In all of my races this will only be my second 10k, that I can remember.  The first was in High School and I ran bandit and stepped aside instead of running into the finishing chute.  So, technically speaking this will be my first official 10K in my life.  I have done numerous 5K, two half marathons (a third bandit) all three of those half marathons in 2009.  Four Marathons: St. George 2006, St. George 2010, Pocatello 2013, Phoenix 2014.  My goal is to finish with a pace of 8 minutes or faster.  I think it is doable, but still a challenge since there will be hills and twists and turns and 5000 feet elevation as well.  We shall see, it should be fun.  That is my most important goal, to have fun with it because I am not in tip top condition, so I am not looking to set a PR. 

Week 11 miles
Month 57.5 miles
Year 154 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment