Sunday, March 29, 2015

Stabbing and fainting

On Friday, 3/27/15, I was pulling weeds in the backyard.  I was using a weed digger to help me. 





 
 
I accidentally drove one prong of the weed digger forcefully into my thumb right next to the thumbnail. 
 

 
I immediately applied direct pressure and I stopped the bleeding.  Then I was nervous to remove the direct pressure becasue I felt like the skin would peel back from the puncture wound and it would start bleeding again and it would hurt.  Once in the bathroom I took the direct pressure off.  It bled a little bit.  I started to feel nauseated so I got over the toilet to throw up, but nothing came out.  I repeated this again with the same result.  So I sat back down on the toilet.  Then I felt like somone had tied my legs up in a knot, and my nose was in pain.  Then I starten to wonder why I was on crumpled up in a ball on the floor and my face was on the ground.  Then I started to realize that I had fainted while sitting on the toilet and my forward leaning momentum had carried me to a crashing thud face first on the tile floor.  My upper body skin was clammy yet covered in sweat.  I think the adrenaline dump of being in pain and thinking about my thumbnail being pulled off caused me to pass out.  Luckily I only came out of that with a cut across the bridge of my nose, a tender nose and cheek bone and either whip lash in my neck or some sort of soreness there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment