Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Boston Marathon 2013 Two Year Anniversary

The 2013 Boston Marathon is what re-kindled (no kids, that is not another type of tablet) my desire to run in the Boston Marathon.  So today I mark that day.  In the last two years I have run two Marathons in an attempt to qualify for the Boston Marathon.  I failed in both attempts.  However, I improved my personal best in the marathon by five minutes and then by about 21 minutes the second time.  I also learned some valuable lessons as well.  I feel like I am learning that I need to take joy in the journey and learn as I go through the process.  That way the end result is much more significant because of the journey not solely based on the location.  I have not given up on my goal to run a Marathon in a qualifying time for the Boston Marathon.  Right now I am in the training process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment