Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Running Report

4/6/15 MONDAY
Did six Yasso 800's today.  This is my bread and butter interval workout.  I ran half a mile in 3 minutes and 30 seconds, then I did a slow jog for 3.30.  I repeated that 6 times.  The fifth half mile I ran in 3.20 and my heart rate about a minute after was 136 beats per minute.  The sixth and final half mile with only about two minutes rest was completed in 3.25 and my heart rate about a minute after finishing was 128 beats per minute.  I was planning on only doing five and then at the last second I just threw in that sixth one.  It was certainly difficult but I wasn't completely killing myself out there.  Eventually in preperation for a marathon I would like to do this workout about two or three weeks out from the marathon as a key workout to tell me where I am.  I would like to be able to be in shape enough to do 10 yasso 800's at three minutes flat.  That is the eventuall goal.  It may take me five to ten months to get there.  Consistency.  Small, incremental improvements over a long period of time.
Total of three miles at seven minute pace, approximately total 1 mile slow jog in between repetitions.

Week 4 miles
Month 17 miles
Year 189 miles

4/7/15 TUESDAY
Ran three miles as a recovery jog today.  Goal was to run it no slower than a nine minute mile.  Half mile spits were as follows:
  1. 4.34
  2. 4.16
  3. 4.27
  4. 4.29
  5. 4.24
  6. 4.29
Total time 26.42 average of 8.54 per mile.  A little breezy but the path I took made a cross wind the entire time. 

Week 7 miles
Month 20 miles
Year 192 miles

 

No comments:

Post a Comment