Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Running Report

4/8/15  WEDNESDAY

The plan was to run 6 miles on the treadmill at 8.15 pace.  However, after the first mile, I changed plans on the spur of the moment and decided to do a hill/incline workout.  I was on the treadmill.  That is what allowed me to change plans mid workout.  So after running about 8.45 for the first mile I put the treadmill incline as steep as it would go, to 15%.  I slowed the running pace to 13.00 min/mile and did about 200 meters.  Every 200 meters I would lessen the incline by 2% until I got to 1%.  At that point I was at 1.75 miles and so I did a slow recovery jog for .25 miles to take me to 2 miles.  Then I put the incline to 10% and increased the speed to 7 min/mile.  Then slowed the pace to 7.30 and then to 8.00.  I barely made it through that one.  Then did a recover jog at a slow pace for a quarter of a mile to 2.5 miles.  Then back up to 10% incline but this time only at a nine minute pace or something slower going to 2.75 miles. Then another recover jog to 3.0 miles.  At 3.0 miles I took the incline all the way back up to 15% but at a slower pace of 15 min/mile.  Every tenth of a mile I would lower the incline by 2 percent and increase the pace by 30-60 seconds.  Did this until 3.75 miles when I was at like a 9.00 min pace and 1% incline.  Last quarter of a mile was slow and easy to cool down for a total of 4 miles.  I wasn't concerned at all about the overall time because I pushed it pretty hard on the hard parts and then recovered on the easy parts. 

Week 11 miles
Month 24 miles
Year 196 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment