Thursday, January 8, 2015

Investigating Ultra Marathons

Recently I have been reading and watching a few videos about the Western States 100 Endurance Run  Just like to Boston Marathon, you have to qualify to get in.  Here is an awesome video that I enjoyed on the history of the race.  How it all began.

Unfortunately, the race starts at 5 a.m. on Saturday morning.  So unless I run at an elite level, I won't ever be doing that one since I would be finishing on Sunday, assuming I would ever be able to even qualify for it.  Maybe one day they will realize that they would get a larger pool of applicants/participants and it would be a better quality race if it were Friday and Saturday like some of the 100 mile runs in Utah do. 


Bear Lake
Bryce Canyon
Zion
Wasatch 100

I get frustrated when there are cool events that I would like to do but they are on Sunday.  Oh well, it is a sacrifice that I am willing to make and is more than worth it to rest on Sunday.





No comments:

Post a Comment